Pages

Sunday 4 May 2014

Link Costume for Fan Expo

Last year, I enjoyed going to ComicCon in my city, but it was a small event. I was thrilled when I heard that our city was going to have a much larger Fan Expo. 

I decided that I was going to dress up as Link from The Legend of Zelda.

The first thing I did was make my Deku shield. Luckily, we had just been to Ikea, so we had lots of cardboard. I traced the outlines for the different layers of the shield, and then my dad cut them out. 

I painted each of the layers. Unfortunately, we didn't take many pictures of that part of the process. 




We used a hot glue gun to adhere the pieces of the shield together, and we also hot-glued some cord on to the back so I could hold it. 


I didn't have an ocarina, but I did have a pan flute, so I hot-glued more cord on the back so it could hang around my neck. 


We bought some felt to make Link's hat. I don't have a sewing machine, so my dad hand-stitched it. 


We also bought a cheap, green t-shirt and cut the neck out of it. I used a black belt and a sword that I had from another costume. 





When we were at Fan Expo, it was fun seeing all of the costumes. I posed for pictures with a few people who also had Link costumes. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

The comments section hasn't always been working. If your comment won't post, send me a tweet.