Pages

Wednesday 2 October 2013

Lego City: The Gas Station, Garage, and Car Wash

Mom & I built a Lego City. It used to look like this:



We decided to rebuild the city so we could fit more buildings in. Now the downtown looks like this:

My mom thinks it's ironic that we got rid of the park to make room for buildings because that's what happens in real life. 

We need to order more straight road plates, and we're re-building our fire station. We have these buildings in our downtown:
  • a police station
  • a fire station (being re-built)
  • a hospital
  • a Toys R Us
  • a gas station
  • a garage
  • a car wash
  • a food market
  • a train station
  • a pizza place
  • a Tim Horton's coffee shop
  • a record store
  • an office building
  • a movie theatre
  • a bank
  • a jewelry store
  • a bicycle shop
  • a town hall (not in the picture because we're building it right now)

Today I'm going to show you the gas station, garage, and car wash. One of the first Lego City sets that I got was a service station (set 7993).  

If you look up at how our city used to look, you'll see the set how it was meant to be built. But when we changed our city around, it wouldn't fit if we left it like that, so we rebuilt it.

We also liked the Lego City Transportation Garage (set 7642), but it was way too big, so we built a small version of it and made the colours match the gas station and car wash.



Here are some close-up pictures that my mom took:
 This is our gas station. I love how it has the little gas pump on both sides.
 This is the shop where people can buy stuff and pay for gas.

This is the service garage where people can get new tires or get an oil change.  I like how cars can lift up.

 
This is the car wash. I think it's really cool and has some good details.

Leave a comment and let me know which Lego City building you'd like me to show you next.

1 comment:

  1. This is awesome - you are working as a city planner...you could probably give the folks at City Hall in Regina a run for their money...keep up the good work!

    Mick Panko

    ReplyDelete

The comments section hasn't always been working. If your comment won't post, send me a tweet.