Pages

Saturday 19 October 2013

Movie Review: Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 2

Hello everyone! I'm doing my second movie review today. I'm going to do a review of Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 2. It's a great movie.


The movie starts off just minutes after the last movie ends. Sam Sparks and Flint Lockwood are going to build a lab called Sparkswood. But then an inventor named Chester V (Flint's childhood hero) comes and invites Flint to work for his company called Live Corp. The company has a competition for the best invention, and Flint tries really hard, but he doesn't win. Chester V tells Flint that he needs his help with destroying his food machine and sends him back to Swallow Falls. 

My favourite character is Barry. Barry is a strawberry with eyes and a mouth, and it's so adorable. Just look at those eyes. Besides being cute, Barry's also super funny.

Speaking of things that are funny, there are lots of food puns in the movie. There's even a part when they have to "cut the cheese."




The food monsters reminded me of Jack Prelutsky's Scranimals (which is a reallly good book)
. I wonder if they got some inspiration from his book.



The animation is awesome! There was always something going on in the background. A lot of times it was Steve being hilarious. The animators added a lot of detail so no matter where you looked on the screen, there was always something cool, funny, or colourful to see.

My family saw the movie in 3D, but I honestly didn't notice that it was 3D. A tip is to not pay for 3D because it's nothing special.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The comments section hasn't always been working. If your comment won't post, send me a tweet.